The theme of this conference is Lexicography in the Digital World. We welcome proposals related to the following topics:
Call for Papers
Lexicography is much more than simply compiling a dictionary. The field brings together computational linguists, translators, educators, software developers, technical companies, and publishers whose knowledge and experience enrich our understanding of the intricate relationship between dictionary and digitalization. This has had a profound impact on dictionary in a number of respects; for example, dictionary compilation process, integration of corpus query tools, interoperability with natural language processing application, methods of storing and transmitting information. In the 21st century, there is an urgent call to evaluate new sources, materials, skills, platforms and objectives, taking into account the past, present and future of lexicography. Innovation, research and tradition should, now more than ever, share the spotlight in lexicography studies and practice. Therefore, the 12th International Conference of the Asian Association for Lexicography aims to expand the horizons and encourage discussion and cooperation among the many specialists who take different approaches to this field of studies.
Lexicography in the Digital World
1.electronic and digital revolution in lexicography
6.dictionary use studies
7.interoperability of lexicography with natural language processing (NLP)
8.dictionary and culture
9.dictionary as discourse
10.phraseology and lexicography
11.neologisms and lexicography
12.terminology and lexicography
13.others related to lexicography
The aforementioned subfield (1-13) that your work fall within needs to be included in your submission file.
– The medium of the conference is English. The abstract will be peer reviewed.
– Submissions should contain the following information:
- Title (maximum of 12 words)
- Name(s) of proponent(s)
- Affiliation of proponent(s)
- Email address
- Abstracts should be between 250 and 300 words, excluding references.
- Only .pdf, .doc or .docx will be accepted.
- Please name your submission file as LASTNAME_SUBFIELDNUMBER_ASIALEX2018 (e.g. SMITH_1_ASIALEX2018.docx)
- Send the abstract as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject should be: Surname-Title
Some selected papers at the conference will be recommended to the refereed journal: Lexicography: Journal of ASIALEX.